Dear 4-H Members & Leaders,
Since November 2013 I’ve had the opportunity to work with the National 4-H Council, Tractor Supply Company, and the NMSU Learning Games Lab in the development of a mobile app for livestock record keeping.
I’m excited to tell you that the new 4-H Livestock Record mobil app is now available for download (free) on the iTunes AppStore. Click here to learn more.
The app requires iOS 7.0 or later. It’s compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and is optimized for iPhone 5.
4-H youth and club leaders with livestock projects will now be able to organize their market livestock project information on their iPhone or iPad and send customized reports right to their email inbox. These reports will provide them with the information they need to complete their record books.
Here’s what you can do with it:
- Track your 4-H’ers and their individual livestock project animals
- Track participation in events, meetings, shows, contests and more
- Record animal weights, feed, and health and monitor average daily gains
- Enter project income, expenses, and assets to generate financial statements
- Use photos to customize each 4-H’er and animal
- Export reports to analyze in spreadsheets, create graphs, or use in your state or local 4-H record keeping forms
Using this app is an easy, flexible way to keep all your 4-H market livestock records together in one place. Please download the app, share it with your club members, and write a review.
Thank you for embracing this new technology!
Note: I’ve had a lot of people ask me, “When will a version for Android be available?” The short answer is “I don’t know.” Tractor Supply funded this project for development in iOS and right now I haven’t heard of any plans for Android…yet. However, that could change with enough demand from Android users. My suggestion: make sure you get as many people you know to download and use it on iOS and leave comments in AppStore reviews requesting a version for Android.